Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Would God wear New Balances?

It is really neat when your kids can start teaching you about life. It just seems that after we had Isaac my view on life has changed dramatically. Of course, I did find out that selfishness would soon be flying out the window when this young one demanded my whole life. :)

Anyhow, this past week Isaac and I were playing, and like I said in an earlier post, Isaac loves shoes. So, he thought it would be fun to put on daddy's shoes and try to walk around. Well, when he was just standing there of course he had no problems, but as soon as he tried to walk he would trip and fall; he was getting quit frustrated.

Then the light bulb came on! I thought that's what I do to God sometimes! If things aren't working out how I think they should I step into "God's shoes". I'm not saying I do it consciously but in my actions I will try to orchestrate things. And then I get super frustrated when I want things to work out "my way" and they don't.

It was a great picture for me. Those shoes were way to big on Isaac, just as God's shoes are much to big for me. I must submit my needs, wants, and desires to Jesus. I need to let God be God and Michelle needs to trust and be obedient.

Thank you Jesus for teaching me yet another life lesson through a toddler. Help me to stay out of your shoes and submit to you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment