Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pavlova

This past Thursday I ended up making the Pavlova. It turned out great but it's a little sweet, even for me. If I make it again I would probably cut back on the sugar in the meringue.
It's a definitely a different dessert, texture and all. The Pavlova was named after the Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova. Some chefs in Australia and New Zealand wanted to make a dessert for her that was as light and airy as she was when she danced. How flattering! :)

Part of the reason I wanted to try this dessert was because of the egg whites and whipped cream. I hadn't tried either one of those things with my Kitchen Aid yet. Can I say it was a breeze! I was completely amazed! It took like 3 minutes to whip the egg whites into meringue! I was super dooper impressed.



Fresh out of the oven, crunchy on the outside, foamy and chewy on the inside!

Finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment