Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Birthday and Strawberries Galore

My Strawberry Birthday Tart made by my mom! (She's where I get my baking skills from)

It's been a while since I've been on here because we have been crazy busy! The end of the semester is winding down and we just celebrated my 28th birthday on April 28th. I had lots of fun with family and friends.

This past weekend we went to my parents house in Stella for a couple days to celebrate. Usually I would love to have anything with chocolate but for the past few weeks I've had really bad acid reflux (yay) so I was trying to stay away from it. So my awesome mom accommodated my wishes for 'no chocolate' this year and made a strawberry tart. Luckily my birthday is always around the time the strawberries come in!

My parents also have an above ground pool in their backyard that they opened recently so we played out there. Isaac had a great time playing on the side of the pool, seeing as it was still a little chilly. He would splash around from the side of the pool, but he was less than thrilled when we tried to put him in his floating crab. My mom has "Maine" blood so she was the first brave one in. :)

On Saturday before Blake and I left to come back to Greenville my mom took me to Becky's Berries in Stella to get a flat to bring home. This is some of what was left after I made some Strawberry frozen yogurt.


Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
This recipe was soooo good and super easy!


Isaac approved if the frozen yogurt, I think he's eaten his weight in strawberries this past week!



Isaac on his sweet ride in Memere and Pepere's driveway


Isaac on the road. . .I think we had a break down in communication which ended with a fit and laying down in the road crying. It was all quite dramatic (I'm not sure where he gets that from, must be his dad's side) ;) *Also, no Isaac's were harmed or endangered in the taking of this picture.





No comments:

Post a Comment